I offer confidential and accredited cancer counselling in London / Richmond (Surrey) for people affected by cancer (including family, friends, carers and health care professionals).
While I have personal experience of cancer treatment, the focus of my work with clients is exclusively on their situation, their experience and their needs.
I hold a Masters degree in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, which means I can draw from a range of approaches and techniques.
During and after my training I practised in the NHS and the voluntary sector. Here I worked with a wide range of issues common to people who seek therapy, such as family and relationship issues, depression, anxiety and health problems. See How I Work for more information about my approach.
Prior to my training I spent over 20 years in media and consumer research on a national and international level. I have worked in a range of organisational structures and cultures in Europe, Africa and Asia.
Qualifications & Accreditation
- MA, Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy, Roehampton University, Surrey
- BA (Hons), Politics and History (School of Oriental and African Studies/ SOAS, University of London)
- Accredited by the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).
- Member of the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists.
- In accordance with requirements of my accreditation I attend regular supervision.
- I work in adherence to the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.